WE’RE HIRING A WORDPRESS ENGINEER
QUICK FAQ BEFORE WE JUMP TO THE MAIN PART:
Will you be doing any front-end? Absolutely not - we have a separate front-end team you’ll collaborate with, but you won’t be required to do anything front-related.
How important is the knowledge of PHP? The more you know, the better.
Can you work remotely? Not really - solving problems and sharing the know-how is much simpler when we’re together at the office. We can easily organize remote work for a couple days a month, but full-time remote is something we can’t offer at this time.
How much money are we talking about? Between 12 500 and 17 500 HRK (gross salary).
OK, let’s go straight to the point - WP has been our CMS of choice as it offers an unmatched level of customization which enables us to develop advanced websites for our clients and partners.
This is the level of quality that we can currently deliver:
- Adriatic Luxury Hotels
- Al Salem Cultural Centre
- Manhattan School of Music
- Mercury Processing Services
Quality-wise, these websites are in the top-notch, award-winning category, but our goal is to upgrade that quality even more and increase the number of advanced websites we can develop. To achieve that, our WP team needs new skilled developers experienced in developing WordPress themes, plug-ins and integrations.
If you have the skills we’re looking for and you like what we can offer you, apply now and join our WordPress team.
IF YOU JOIN US, HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan, structure and implement internal applications, WordPress websites & API integrations
- Develop medium-sized to large web-based projects
- Maintain existing WP projects
- Actively participate in various brainstormings
- Define daily responsibilities and tasks with Project Managers and other team members
- Collaborate with the members of the Quality Assurance team as well as members of other departments within Bornfight
- Mentor other team members
- Work and experiment with trending technologies
- At least 2 years of experience in WordPress development
- Excellent knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress plugin and theme development
- Advanced knowledge of the most recent WordPress releases and standards
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented PHP
- Experience with using APIs and 3rd party integrations
- Good knowledge of git
- Excellent knowledge of Croatian (C1) and English language (B2), both written and spoken
- A team player attitude
- Good self-organization & researching ability
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis
- A desire to research and improve current development processes and code architecture
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Experience with automating WP installations and deployments
- Experience with using the Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- Experience with writing testable code
- Experience with code reviews
- Experience with WPML
- Experience with e-commerce WP plugins, like WooCommerce
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- A 13” MacBook Pro and an extra monitor
- A smartphone of your choice with an unlimited business plan
- Ability to modify your daily working hours according to your needs
- Transparent pay grades for every position
- Transparent and structured professional advancement plans for all employees
- Structured onboarding plans for new employees
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a team leader
- Structured meetings about personal development every 6 months
- CEO open doors
- Internal educations from your colleagues
- External educations from industry experts
- Ability to take part in local and international conferences
- Credit and tax consulting
- Secure parking spaces and storage for bikes
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines and additional reading materials
- Company and department team buildings
- In-office gym, rec room and game room
READY TO APPLY? JUST SEND US THESE FILES:
- Your CV
- Your motivational letter (tell us why you want to join us)
- Link to your GitHub repo with a public WP project, a plugin or any other open-sourced WP-related work (this one is optional)
Submit your application in Croatian and/or English.