At Bornfight, we believe that transparency is one of the key values that creates an environment for progress. We are striving to create a platform for success, where individuals with expertise and determination can practice what they love doing and be successful at it.
Now back to the main topic.
WE’RE HIRING AN AWS ENGINEER
We are looking for an AWS Engineer to primarily work with Amazon Web Services on various web-based projects. Although it has some connections to standard DevOps positions, this position is actually more dev than ops as it primarily focuses on infrastructure as code and infrastructure as config concepts.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Plan, deploy and maintain projects
- Build templates for the automation of various AWS services
- Develop stacks in AWS CloudFormation
- Continuous improvement of CI/CD
- Automate processes
- Collaborate with product teams (DEV, QA, PM) in agile development processes
- Participate in code reviews, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing
- Cost optimisation
- Manage various aspects of security
HOW WE WORK:
We use Jenkins as our primary tool for automation and continuous integration. We deploy our applications with AWS CodeDeploy service for backend projects or copy generated static files for frontend projects (React or Vue). Backend is served with Apache web server, while frontend is served using AWS Cloudfront service. Backend projects run in PHP and Node.js environments.
All of our applications are load-balanced through AWS Application Load Balance and support horizontal scaling in case of a traffic spike. For data persistence, we opted for MariaDb hosted on AWS RDS service. Most of our software is hosted on EC2, Amazon Linux 2 based AMIs, except for a few projects where we utilize AWS Fargate and Docker.
Most of the time, default server settings have to be adjusted and since we strictly follow Infrastructure as Code principle, all of the changes are made through Ansible playbooks.
- 1 year of experience in working with AWS
- 2 years of experience in designing, implementing and improving CI/CD processes
- 2 years of programming experience in scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- understanding the main aspects of writing clean and maintainable code
- understanding the concepts of virtualization and containers
- understanding the 12-factor-app and the ability to design infrastructure that follows those principles
- strong programming and bash scripting skills
- strong monitoring, logging and performance optimisation skills
- ability to make data-driven decisions
- a solution-oriented, improvement-driven and automation-obsessed mindset
- advanced knowledge of the English language (B2) - both written and spoken
- ability to work in a team environment
YOU GET EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- AWS certifications
IF YOU GET THE JOB, YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- A 13” Macbook Pro
- A smartphone of your choice with a business mobile plan
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with a team leader and structured biannual meetings about personal development
- Lots of internal educations from your colleagues & external educations from industry experts
- Ability to define new and upgrade existing processes within the team, and change how things are done
- Access to a variety of industry-related books, magazines and additional reading materials
- Ability to modify your daily working hours according to your needs
- Awesome team buildings, dog-friendly office, in-office gym, rec room and game room
- Parking spaces for rent in the office building garage and secure storage for bikes
If you need some more info about us, our mindset and the way we operate, you can watch this video.
READY TO APPLY? JUST SEND US THESE FILES:
- Your CV
- Your motivational letter (tell us why you want to join us)
- Links to some great code you created (this one’s optional)
Submit your application in Croatian and/or English